What's the Point of My Nightmares?

Question of the Week:
Directions:

1) Go to http://www.bbc.co.uk/science
2) Select ANY article that you find interesting.
3) Read the article.
4) Create a "NEW TOPIC".
5) The subject line should be the TITLE of the article you have chosen.
6) Summarize the article in 5-7 sentences.
7) In 2-3 sentences, tell me what you think about the information in the article.
8) Please copy and paste a URL to the article so that others may read it if they are interested.
9) Reply to 2 other student's summaries in 2-3 sentences, and tell them what you found interesting in their summary.
Natasha.Marin
Level 1 Poster

What's the Point of My Nightmares?

Postby Natasha.Marin » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:05 am

The American Sleep Association says that 90% of people have a bad dream at least once. In 1899 we thought that bad dreams were a gateway to the unconscious mind. Now, we think it is an important biological process. According to the article, trauma does sometimes cause nightmares. Studies show that having bad dreams can help resolve some of the trauma. Have you ever been stressed out about exams? People who are stressed out tend to have nightmares about what ever they are stressed out about. :cry:

kylawright
First!

Re: What's the Point of My Nightmares?

Postby kylawright » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:23 pm

This worries me a little bit. I have nigthmares all the time. I found it interesting when it said that trauma sometimes causes nightmares, I'm not sure why it interests me but it just does. Maybe because I watch a lot of Grey's Anatomy. I must be very stressed out because I have nightmares all the time.

Return to “E-Learning #1”